Monday, February 16, 2015

Introducing Case Studies for The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

We are about to begin our Rights and Responsibilities unit of inquiry in 4th grade.

We have the following enduring understandings for this unit:
  • People can contribute responsibly to their communities.
  • People all have rights and responsibilities as citizens of the world
  • People’s actions have an impact on how human rights are met.
I use the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as one of the backbones of this unit:


One of the backbones. It's a multi-backbone, single-eyed cyclops-hydra thingy.

I've been trying to compile interesting case studies that showcase when these rights are violated. And I thought I'd spend my next few posts outlining what I've found. 

If you have any suggestions as I get the ball rolling, please leave your thoughts in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...